[kronolith] bug in add/edit recurrent event, takes all apache ressources

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Wed Mar 17 19:49:40 PST 2004

Hi everyone

Found a nice bug :-) (nice, because it was like a nice investigation, a bit of
luck, a bit of intuition, ... enough feelings on the table ;-)

In Kronolith fresh HEAD from cvs, when you add or edit a recurrent event, if
you chose to add/edit an event...
-with a pattern "Monthly: Recurs every [input box] month(s) on the same
weekday" or
- with a pattern "Yearly: Recurs every [input box] year"

- while putting a 0 (ZERO) or an empty value in the input box, and then save
the event...

The page never arrives and the httpd process starts taking 100% of the CPU and
stays there forever (until you kill it). Very funny behaviour, (I'm suprised
that php_max_execution_time is not reached ever...) having to kill processes
and restart the web server :-)

More info: in the kronolith_events sql table, it saves the event with those
attributes:
event_recurtype 4 or 5
event_recurinterval 0

Once an event in the calendar (personal I'm sure, shared also I suppose) has
those attribute,  if you luckily put the Calendar summary in your portal
page, the page goes in an infinite loop too and never loads (and takes 100%
of the CPU.....).

apache version:  2-2.0.48 , php version 4.3.4
also tested on apache 2-2.0.47 with php 4.3.1-2 and it does the same.

Tried to see what was causing that bug, but it's a bit beyond my skills...
--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net
Connaissez-vous Linuxédu-Québec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org