[kronolith] kronolith 2.0-cvs: CR/LF problem with iCalender etc.?

jvg.horde at mmp.lu jvg.horde at mmp.lu
Mon Apr 26 04:50:40 PDT 2004

Hi,

I experienced a problem with kronolith when sending a meeting invitation to
participants. When opening the event-invitation.ics file in IMP the error
message "The calendar data is invalid" is shown, instead of the "Meeting
Proposal" form.

After looking into the event-invitation.ics file with a hex editor I could
see that each line is terminated with a hex "0D0D0A" sequence. In the Horde
framework I changed the file "Data/imc.php" to remove the "0D" in the
$_newline string:

     /**
      * According to RFC 2425, we should always use CRLF-terminated
      * lines.
      * @var string $_newline
      */
//    var $_newline = "\r\n";
     var $_newline = "\n";

After having done this modification the vcalender file could be displayed
in IMP as excpected.

To make the reply work I had to do the same change in the file
"iCalendar/iCalendar.php" of the Horde Framework.

I am using the snapshot of 22-Apr-2004 but this issue is already there in
earlier releases. Because I am sure this works for other installations
anyway, I am asking for potential sources of this problem. Does it depend
on one of the installed components, such as of the OS (here RH9), PHP, etc.

Thanks a lot for any hints.

Werner