[kronolith] Time zone

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 17 07:14:34 PDT 2004

Zitat von Nazar <nazarius at ukr.net>:

> Hello kronolith,
>
>> To be honest, I don't know, probably not. But why don't you simply try it
>> out and tell us what you find. And if you don't have that version already,
>> you should also try the CVS HEAD version because that might work
>> differently then the last release version.
>
>  I try. I with my frien from another time zone see one time - 10am.
>  It's not good. I have friend in many time zones
>  and if i attach their calendars i don't know what time is event.
>  Maybe it must store in table event with server time and for each
>  user figure out own time? Will be this in next version of kronolith?

Hm, looks like this is really an issue. We currently save the time however
the user entered it. The best approach would probably have been to store
all events in UTC. But given the huge amount of data already available in
years old Kronolith installs, it would probably make more sense to set the
timezone per calendar.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/