[kronolith] (no subject)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jul 28 16:17:36 PDT 2004

Quoting Samuel Nicolary <sam at nicolary.org>:

> Given the lack of a native full set of date and time functions in the PHP
> interpreter and the presence of these features in the PEAR Date module it
> seems to me that any date offsetting should be handled by Date objects.
> To take this a step further it seems appropriate to represent all date
> fields handled within the Horde framework and its modules as Date objects.
> I see framework support for this in form retrieval but it doesn't look
> like this is being taken advantage of within Kronolith.

Not fully, no. I agree with Jan that this is probably a good way to go,
but I'm
also a bit reluctant to rely so fully on PEAR Date. I like the concept,
but I'm
nervous about that particular implementation. I did a little work on
Kronolith_Date as a potential alternative; that could theoretically be beefed
up and put into the framework instead.