[kronolith] Last Thursday of every month?

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Tue Sep 14 00:22:03 PDT 2004

I have finally, after lots of "fun" with authentication, got kronolith
running, and I am as pleased with it as I thought I would be. All my
regular appointments are either on 4 or 8 week cycles or a combination
of both, which kronolith handles without difficulty.

However, there is one regular occurrence (not an appointment as such but
still worthy of note) which always occurs on the last Thursday of the
month, except possibly in December and January. That's right, the last
Thursday - the fifth unless there are only four.

As an experiment, I set up a recurring appointment commencing on 30
September this year, recurring "Monthly on same weekday", hoping this
would record the same appointment on the last Thursday of every month.
However, that did not happen, recording the appointment only in months
with five Thursdays.

Is there already a way to handle "last Thursday of the month" on a
recurring basis, or can it be done? I suppose I could always deal with
it by having the "five Thursday" appointment and setting up a "four
Thursday" version for those blocks of months with only four, but it does
seem a bit awkward. Still, last Thursday of the month is awkward anyway!

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95