[kronolith] Responding to Outlook iTip invitation

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Sep 23 20:47:59 PDT 2004

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> 1. Outlook iTip use DOS-style newline, while Kronolith use Unix-style
> newline.

This should definitely match now; the iTip stuff was completely rewritten
recently to always use the Horde_iCalendar lib (which uses \r\n).

> 2. Outlook iTip end with a blank line, not Kronolith

No idea about that.

> 3. Field order is different

Shouldn't matter, but who knows.

> 4. ATTENDEE and ORGANIZER field from Kronolith have a CN parameter that
> Outlook lack.

I don't think this has changed, but it'd be helpful to send versions with and
without to Outlook and see what it handles and what it doesn't (this really
goes for all of these 4 things).

> so format of response may have changed in the meantime.  All I want at
> the moment is to see if there would be something obvious in the list
> above breaking interop with Outlook.

The newlines is definitely a possibility. I also have some links
somewhere that
I can dig up that I remember indicating that Outlook needs the reply to be the
entire content of the email? Or possibly for it to be the first part (before
text/plain).

Hope this at least gives you a starting place.

Quincy Adams