[kronolith] Kronolith and desktop calendars

Rafael Varela Pet srrafa at usc.es
Mon Nov 29 06:08:14 PST 2004

Hi,

"Alessandro A." <alessandro at csp.it> said:

> I've installed Horde3.0-RC2 and Kronolith2.0-RC2 on our test server.
> The calendar component is functionally if used with IMP frontend to
manage
> events, but in our factory we have Mozilla as standard email client,
so I've
> installed Mozilla Calendar.
> There is a way to synchronize this component with Horde Kronolith?

I'm very interested in that issue too.

After some investigation in the code and some testing with the Mozilla
Calendar extension for Firefox 1.0 I've developed a patch for Kronolith
2.0-rc2 that allows to view the calendars in Firefox.

This is a simple approach to the problem, since it does not allow to
publish the changes back to Kronolith. To solve it, It seems that I
would need to use the webDAV functionality, but my knowledge of WebDAV
an the internals of the horde system its not enough for the task.

The modification consists in a new file, called ics.php and a patch for
the file kronolith/lib/api.php.

Before sending it, I would like to ask:

should I post the files as attachments or in the message body?
what is the most appropiate list? this one or devel?

Regards,

Rafael Varela Pet
Area de Tecnoloxías da Información e Comunicacións

Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
15782 Santiago de Compostela
http://www.usc.es/saus