[kronolith] attendees not saved

Daniel Eckl Daniel.Eckl at gmx.de
Mon Dec 27 08:12:04 PST 2004

Hi Chuck!

Seems you misunderstood my email.

I'm veeeeery relaxed (hardly can keep the fingers on the keyboard). :)
To show that, I thanked Jan nevertheless for his help (that was not ironic
in no way). Errors are human and noone suspects Jan to be godlike (if he
would be godlike, this mailing list would be empty.... *g*)

Only if I get slapped for fixing a fixed bug after first asking about that,
then I tend to mention "Why didn't you tell earlier?". Instead his answer he
could have stated: "Ahhhh! This typo as been fixed in CVS, but I didn't know
that it's causing your bug, too. Thanks for clarification!".

I think my answer was soft constructive criticism on Jan. I think getting
pissy is way other than that. If he feels pissed on, I apologize. That never
was my intention and will never be. I appreciate his (and yours and all
other OSS developers) work way too much to do such things.

Okay, hoping that this clarifies all of that.

All the best,
Daniel

> Quoting Daniel Eckl <Daniel.Eckl at gmx.de>:
>
> > Grrrrk......
> >
> > I mentioned using kronolith 2.0 not HEAD.... A hint from your side would
> > have been helpful....
>
> Re-freakin-lax. The person who mentioned the typo didn't connect it with
> the
> attendees problem. Neither had I, because I hadn't had time to look at the
> issue before it was (again) found. Getting pissy is just going to
> encourage
> people to delete your mail in the future.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> "But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John
> Quincy Adams

Psssst! Mit GMX Handyrechnung senken: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail
100 FreeSMS/Monat (GMX TopMail), 50 (GMX ProMail), 10 (GMX FreeMail)