[kronolith] Re: Desactivate Free/Busy feature

Joonas Hämäläinen joonas.hamalainen at nettitieto.fi
Tue Feb 22 02:49:14 PST 2005

Jan Schneider kirjoitti:
> Zitat von Joonas Hämäläinen <joonas.hamalainen at nettitieto.fi>:
>

>>Jan Schneider kirjoitti:

>>>No.
>>>

>>Would it be hard to include such option? I thought that my company
>>leaders were picky and considered Free/Busy url feature to be hard and
>>perhaps somewhat incomplete. At least it gives nice amount of errors
>>here and there if not set properly. And when setting up environment to
>>people who do not have time/skills/interest to tweak such things, it
>>would be nice to just disable whole thing.
>

> If you only care about your using getting confused, you can remove the
> attendees button from the event screen in templates/edit/edit.inc. That
> would leave the free/busy functions intact, but that shouldn't hurt
> anyone.

I don't mind them adding attendees, that is good to have. Saves a lot of
work when you make some event where you know who you have to send
information about, and you can insert attendees there, and they receive
automatically mails about it.

What causes problems actually is when you try to insert someone directly
without him being in your addressbook, and freebusy url properly set
there. I tried to make some searches from Internet what places use
Free/Busy url, and all was about horde... So it is enough to have some
'external' email, from someone out of current system not using
kronolith, and we are having same errors.

So I would like to keep attendees page, but remove this Free/Busy
information checks and displays from there. Most ideal would be if user
can be given some preference option Do you want to use Free/Busy Urls,
Don't you want to use them. Then it would be easy to default it off, and
those who don't wish such options aren't bothered with functions not
working for them... (And it looks quite bad too. I'm working on laptop,
and when I add up 10 or so attendees without free/busy info, half of my
screen is full of error messages about it...)

I hope this clears what I was trying to say at first place :)
-Joonas