[kronolith] Re: Reminders not working, help wanted.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 22 06:45:04 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 10:35 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 20:02 -0600, John H. Bennett III wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have tried looking in the archives for a solution, but nothing helped me.
> >>
> >> I have the latest stable versions of horde/imp/kronolith... installed.
> >>
> >> In the horde setup I have VFS enabled for SQL database, driver is Horde
> >> defaults and table is horde_vfs.
> >>
> >> In the kronolith setup for server name, I have used my actual servers name,
> >> localhost, and IP address. For the email address I am using
> >> reminders at mydomain.com.  Does this email address need to be a real user
> >> defined on my system?
> >>
> >> I have been running the reminders.php from the command line and via cron.  I
> >> have run it as php reminders.php, php -f reminders.php, and php -z
> >> reminders.php.  These were some of the suggestions I found in the archives.
> >> Nothing works and nothing is being sent to the logs that I can see.
> >>
> >> I would greatly appreciate some pointers on what to look at to get this
> >> working.
> > ----
> > works ok for me...
> >
> > crontab - running as user apache
> >
> > 0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50,52,54,56,58 * * * * /usr/bin/php
> > /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php
>
> */2 * * * * /usr/bin/php would do the same, btw.
----
assuming intelligent editing of crontab I would suppose - which of
course is not my style...I use webmin which allows me to not only enter
the command line
as /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php
> /dev/null 2>&1 # which directs useless output of cron script to bit
bucket and I struggle with that last bit without webmin. Webmin of
course suffers from html interface which means I click to pick the
minutes manually.

;-)

thanks

Craig