[kronolith] Re: Reminders not working, help wanted.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 22 06:50:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 18:12 +0530, Anant Athavale wrote:

> I also have the same problem.  I have tried all possible solutions which were
> given to you as a reply to this mail.
>
> I tried following things.
>
> 1. Putting the cron entry in the name of apache.
> 2. Changing VFS type from file based to sql based (created table for that).
>
> Still it is not working.  I am not getting reminder mails.
>
> Question 1:
>
> Which of the following is correct?
>
> /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php
>
> or
>
> /usr/bin/php -f /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php
----
it may be neither

'which php' #is it really /usr/bin/php ?

is /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php valid path? This
was my setup, it may not be yours
-----

> Question 2:
>
> Whether the cron should run as root or as apache?
-----
I am assuming of course that user apache has read/execute privileges on
the file above. YMMV  of course, you can always test this by 'su -
apache' and then executing the file
-----

> Question 3:
>
> How the VFS  is related with reminders.php
-----
Jan has clearly answered this
-----
> Question 4:
>
> Can anybody put in the list, the configuration required for reminders.php to
> work?
----
is it possible that your php isn't set up to execute files? - always
test from command line first

Craig