[kronolith] Shares

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jun 28 17:30:17 PDT 2005

Quoting Jason Fleisher <jasonf at email.arizona.edu>:

> I'd like to have guest users see a default read-only calendar. How do I
> make a certain user's calendar the default for guests to use?

Setup the calendar using the existing user's account, with appropriate guest
permissions.

Edit kronolith/config/prefs.php and add the calendar id to 'display_cals'
preference.  BE SURE TO SERIALIZE IT PROPERLY in the preference config
file. If you can, set the prefererence for one user, then copy and
paste it out of
your preference backend into prefs.php.  If you want both guests and
authenticated users to have that default, that should be all you need.  If you
only want guests to have that, you'll need to add a wee bit of code to
check if
its an authenticated user or a guest and switch preference settings
accordingly.

Thunderstorm rolling through here, so time to disconnect before I get fried :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator