[kronolith] kronolith_events_seq and PostgreSQL

Heinz Sporn heinz.sporn at sporn-it.com
Wed Jul 20 02:05:36 PDT 2005

Hi all!

I am fighting with kronolith in a Gentoo Linux / PostgreSQL environment.
All other modules like imp, turba and mnemo are running fine. I have
emerged horde-kronolith v1.1.4 and downloaded kronolith.pgsql.sql from
CVS in order to create the tables kronolith_events and
kronolith_storage. The horde user has been granted with full access to
the entire horde database.

Now when I try to save a new calendar entry I get a PostgreSQL error:

ERROR: Relation >>kronolith_events_seq<< does not exist.

I learned from some other post that the kronolith_events_seq will be
created on the fly. In case that won't work someone should try to create
it manually. I did that with

CREATE TABLE kronolith_events_seq (id SERIAL NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id)

Result: PostgreSQL reported

ERROR: >>kronolith_events_seq<< is not a sequence.

So tried something else. Jan Schneider mentioned in another post:

"The event_id is an emulated (or real) sequence. How it is implemented
exactly depends on your database. You should get detailed instructions
how
to increase the sequence number on the general PEAR mailing list."

Now I tweaked the kronolith.pgsql.sql script changing "event_id
VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL" to "event_id SERIAL NOT NULL". Wasn't that simple,
got the same error.

Since I am neither the big PostgreSQL guru nor a PEAR nerd I am pretty
much stuck here. Anyone out there how could help me with this?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn

SPORN it-freelancing