[kronolith] Show the name/title of the current calendar(s)

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Aug 3 04:22:34 PDT 2005

Quoting Torbjorn Grindhaug <grindhaug at gmail.com>:

> I've noticed that there is a pluss(+)-sign in front of the current
> calendar (except from when you enter the kronolith-module and the
> default calendar is auto-selected).
> Is there any method I could call to output the name of the calendar in
> an appropriate position?
>
> Torbjorn

I had need to do something similar, except to build a list of all calendar
owners and categories they are using.  The 'display_calendars' pref is
an array
with the ids of the displayed calendars.  So if you instantiate each id as a
share, you can do a $share->get('name') for each calendar.  Then just find an
appropriate place to display those values.

The problem you are likely going to run into is that if you have a lot of
calendars, you are going to have a lot of names to display.  So it might not
make the most sense to display the names in the title.

If you're adventurous, the CVS HEAD version of Kronolith has an improved "My
Calendars" page, which provides check boxes to toggle display of calendars and
the "+" and "-" of the calendar display menu have been replaced with CSS
elements, so that displayed calendars are highlighted in the menu and hidden
ones are not.

FWIW, I agree that there needs to be an easier way to tell what calendars you
are looking at when viewing calendars.  My ideal Kronolith interface
would have
all that information visible on the main calendar page, with the ability to
toggle calendars on and off from there (and of course, the ability to display
other user's colors and categories ;)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer