[kronolith] Integrating kronolith into another site

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 18 01:05:48 PDT 2005

Zitat von Brent Blayney <brent at fratcourses.com>:

> I would like to know how feasible it is to have kronolith run as part of a
> larger website I've been asked to build.
>
> Their requirements are for a community events calendar that could be updated
> by their own staff.  We use kronolith at work for scheduling meetings, etc,
> so I am aware of how powerful it is.  I also don't want to reinvent the
> wheel, so I'm hoping someone here has had experience in building kronolith
> into a website and perhaps could shed light on the difficulty level and what
> steps might be involved.

Should be pretty easy. Of course you need a calendar with guest read
access. Easiest would be to use one of the portal blocks, because they
already return HTML snippets that could be integrated into your web
pages.
You can retrieve the block contents either with an RPC request to
Horde's RPC server (XMLRPC, REST, or SOAP), or turning your website
into a mini-horde-application, and using the Registry directly.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/