[kronolith] Existing calendar events not showing since upgrade

Mark Worsdall kronolith at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 12:44:14 PDT 2005

Hi,

Have recently upgrade whole horde system.

Currently:
Address Book (turba)  H3 (2.0.3)                 Application is ready.
Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.0.3)                 Application is ready.
Filters (ingo) H3 (1.0.1)               Application is ready.
Horde (horde) 3.0.5             Application is ready.
Mail (imp) H3 (4.0.3)           Application is ready.
Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.0.1)                Application is ready.
Tasks (nag) H3 (2.0.2)          Application is ready.

Did the sql upgrade. Just so you can see all is ok:-

Using mysql

# SHOW CREATE TABLE `kronolith_events`
#
'Table','Create Table'
'kronolith_events','CREATE TABLE `kronolith_events` (
   `event_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
   `calendar_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   `event_description` text,
   `event_location` text,
   `event_keywords` text,
   `event_exceptions` text,
   `event_title` varchar(255) default NULL,
   `event_category` varchar(80) default NULL,
   `event_recurtype` varchar(11) default '0',
   `event_recurinterval` varchar(11) default NULL,
   `event_recurdays` varchar(11) default NULL,
   `event_recurenddate` datetime default NULL,
   `event_start` datetime default NULL,
   `event_end` datetime default NULL,
   `event_alarm` int(11) default '0',
   `event_modified` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
   `event_uid` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   `event_creator_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   `event_status` int(11) default '0',
   `event_attendees` text,
   PRIMARY KEY  (`event_id`),
   KEY `kronolith_uid_idx` (`event_uid`)
) TYPE=MyISAM'

I can update manually in mysql do an update to change the data in
event_attendees from NULL to what appears to be the new default minimum
value of a:0:{}, is this ok to do?

Also I can do an update event_status from 0 to 2 if that would make them
appear and do no harm.

I can upate event_creator_id which is blank in old entries but now
contains users id for new entries. This I can easily do. Is it ok to do?

In field calender_id our users use to have thier full email address, now
they just have thier userid i.e. email prefix to @, should I alter this
for all older events?

Now the tricky bits:-) event_id event_uid

event_uid: Since new version this is storing data like this:
20050920165005.3swzmwzjz7gg at home.[snip].ac.uk
and
20050920183902.2tau9rt7nfgg at work.[snip].ac.uk

and all previous events before upgrade are blank.

You will note the [snip] purely for security reasons. @home means the
user accessed thier calender from home which has a different FQDM from
when they access it at work. This is all very strange since they are all
accessing through http://webmail.[snip].ac.uk where snip is always the
same, though we do have 2 other domain names on the same apache server
called http://work.[snip].ac.uk & http://home.[snip].ac.uk

I have 2 questions:

1) event_uid what can I put in here to make old events appear?

2) event_id what can I put in here to make old events appear?
I noted that data before update was like this for an event:
623
but now is in the form of:
fd856ea745b898b057908d96554fc1e7

M.