[kronolith] reminder without CLI and crontab on the webserver

etienne etiennesky at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 13:52:50 PDT 2005

I managed to get it working pretty much "as is"

I took the reminders.php script and did the following:

- put it in my /cgi-bin directory, renaming the file
"reminders"
- changed the path to the php CLI
- added echo "Content-type:  text/html\n\n";
- changed the paths to KRONOLITH and HORDE

I had to modify
/horde/kronolith/lib/Scheduler/kronolith because the
implode() at the end was causing problems

It works fine as an outside cron job loading this
script as a html page:
5,35 * * * *  elinks -source
http://example.com/cgi-bin/reminders

--- Jacob Elder <jake.horde at trec.us> wrote:

> The Horde devs probably had a good reason for
> prohibiting this, but I know how
> frustrating it can be trying to get third party web
> apps working within
> limited
> virtual hosting environments. Your best bet is to
> write a stand-alone CGI to
> call the PHP CLI script:
>
> reminders.cgi:
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
> echo

/home/you/public_html/horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php