[kronolith] newbies, bugs and documentation (was: kronolith writing entries to SQL DB, but not displaying entries)

graham graham at theseamans.net
Sat Dec 3 10:46:33 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 16:48 -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Graham Seaman <graham at theseamans.net>:
>
> > There are a number of other similar issues: for example if you create
> > an event, you get asked which category it is. One option is 'new
> > category'; if you chose this, then you get asked to type in a
> > category name. The new category name never appears in the drop down,
> > so it would seem not to have been saved, and you have to reenter it
> > each time. However, at the bottom of the screen in the real calendar
> > (not the useless one) the category names you have entered appear in
> > small green boxes. The boxes don't do anything,
> > and you can't click on them, but they reappear if you log out and
> > back so the categories are obviously saved. But why are they
> > displayed there? A mystery...
>
> It's called a legend.
>
> Anyway, your preferences backend isn't working. You need persistent
> preferences (SQL or LDAP) for things like these to be saved anywhere.

Thanks. I found that option in the horde setup, and now new preferences
work ok. And now I get the point of the 'legends' too - they show only
the categories you've used on the currently displayed view, right?

But I'm still stuck on the bigger problem of this calendar which
displays no events and shows first every time I hit a button anywhere. I
know I'm not the only one with the problem of the initially blank
calendar - eg
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20051107.085343.c796bd46.en.html
But in my case setting the new calendar as the default doesn't help

Graham