[kronolith] Outlook <-> Kronolith meeting request/reply status?

Paul-Erik Torronen paul-erik.torronen at cardinal.fi
Tue Dec 6 01:14:19 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 15:34 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> The multipart message is fine. But the text/calendar part is inline
> now.

I'm sorry for being thick here, but what exactly should be inline?

When I send a meeting request from Horde and read it in Outlook, I get
the following:

http://777-team.org/Files/horde_meeting_in_outlook.png

(Sorry for the funny look, I patched it together from two screenshots
since the message was so long).

As you can see, the message in whole is shown as text, and Outlook does
not identify it as any kind of calendar item.

One side notice which makes this even less usable is that depending
whether the Horde-user is on the outside or inside company network, the
address changes, so if we were to send an meeting request to a 3rd party
from within the company network, he would receive a message where the
link would point to a private network address. And OTOH if a company
worker situated outside the company network would schedule a meeting
then the attendees would get a link pointing to the external address,
which is not accessible from within the company network.

I hope this clarifies our problem.

With regards,

Paul-Erik

--