[kronolith] Odd Calendar Scenario

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jan 8 13:03:10 PST 2006

Quoting Mike Bydalek <mbydalek at compunetconsulting.com>:

>> In addition I think we should probably make it a bit less chancy by
>> never running the code to create a personal calendar if either the
>> default_calendar or display_calendars prefs are locked - which makes
>> more sense to folks?
>
> After thinking about it, I would say that having either 'default_share'
> or 'display_cals' locked would be the way to go.  In either situation,
> you're limiting the user to what you want to them to see, and by
> allowing them to use a personal calendar, negates the admin's goals.

Does anyone have any insight on which one of those it makes sense to
key this on? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it at the
moment.

> One nice "ToDo" that I thought of would be to have a user preference
> editor.  For example in my situation, I want to lock everyone's views &
> default calendars, but have a different calendar based on the user.
> This would probably be a more Horde-wide feature tho.

Yes, on it being a nice-to-have and on it belonging in the Horde-wide
admin tools.

"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships