[kronolith] Problems migrating from H3 Alpha to H3 current stable

Frederik Holst horde at traintraveltogether.de
Wed Feb 8 17:19:10 PST 2006

Dear list,

I've been using Horde H3 with its various applications in Alpha stage
since they were released quite a while back.

Now I decided to upgrade to the current H3 stable versions which worked
out fine with the Horde framework itself, Imp and Turba, but I do have
problems with Kronolith, Nag and Mnemo.

The problem with Kronolith (current version I use is 2.1-RC2) is as follows:
I still can see the appointments in bold in the mini calendar view on
my portal, but when I click on the specific date, I get the following
error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/home/mail/html/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver.php on line 1737

It goes on:
When I go to "My Calendars" and add a calendar, it says "Calendar
added", but it doesn't show in the dropdown menu to edit it.

Furthermore, when I want to add a new event in the portal view, I do
not get a form to enter the time and place but rather a month view of
December 1999.

In neither case is there a "plus" sign or whatsoever in the day view
where I can add a new event.

Although I did run the update scripts that come with those application,
I fear that there might be some incompatibility in the DataTree
structure between H3 Alpha and current versions? Because similar errors
show up with Nag and Mnemo as well.

When I have a look with PhpMyAdmin, the database structure looks like
the one that would have been created from scratch by the scripts
provided with the newer versions as well, but maybe the way Horde
stores data in the tables has changed?

Erasing the kronolith_* tables and recreating them from scratch hasn't
helped either.

I'd love to continue using Kronolith and the other applications, but I
don't want to recreate all the Horde databases from scratch and risk
losing all configurations and informations stored in the DataTree for
Imp for example...

I hope any of you guys might come up with a hint, that would be great!

Cheers,

Frederik.