[kronolith] events are not shown

Moritz Rempel m.rempel at bee.de
Fri Mar 3 05:33:45 PST 2006

Hi!

I have the problem that the default calendar of a user is not
shown.

I'm using HEAD-2006-01-08.

When the user adds an event it is actually added to the mysql
database, but not shown in the Webfrontend. I figured out, this
is due to the following default preference setting from
config/prefs.php:
---------------
$_prefs['display_cals'] = array(
    'value' => 'a:0:{}',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);
---------------

I would have thought that this gets overwritten by setting
the default calendar. But that doesn't change the
"display_cals" preference in the database:

---------------
mysql> SELECT * from horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid="foo" AND
pref_scope="kronolith";
+----------+------------+---------------------+------------+
| pref_uid | pref_scope | pref_name           | pref_value |
+----------+------------+---------------------+------------+
| bee      | kronolith  | default_share       | foo        |
| bee      | kronolith  | display_cals        | a:0:{}     |
| bee      | kronolith  | display_remote_cals | a:0:{}     |
| bee      | kronolith  | remote_cals         | a:0:{}     |
+----------+------------+---------------------+------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
---------------

The only way to change this preference from the webfrontend seems
to add a second calendar, then on the same page (my calendars) I
can select the calendars to show.

What am I missing?

I found others reporting the same problem were adviced to
check their preferences backend. Now my question is:

What could be wrong with my preferences backend?

It works for all other things.

If you need further information I'll happily send them.

thanks,
	Moritz
    *  *  *  *   bee Baastrup EDV-Entwicklung GmbH        Moritz Rempel
||  *  *  *  *   Schwanenwall 40                        m.rempel at bee.de
||\\ //\\ //\\   44135 Dortmund / Germany             http://www.bee.de
||// \\-' \\-'   fon: +49 (0)0231 58719-0         Softwareentwicklung &
    *  *  *  *   fax: +49 (0)0231 58719-50        System-Administration