[kronolith] Problem with Free/Busy URL / Edit Attendees...

Anant S Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Mar 10 02:26:45 PST 2006

Dear List:

I have already posted this problem many times, but have got only one answer and
that too from Jan, asking me to check with some other version of PHP.

I don't think, PHP 4.3.9 which I am using has any problem.

Actual Problem:  The Kronolith 2.1 uses HTTP_Request command to get data from
url. What is happening with me is, in HTTP_Request function call, if I replace
$url with actual value which I am getting in the previous command, I get proper
freebusy screen, but when it is $url, I get error.

So, today I decided to get away with HTTP_Request and use function
$data = @file_get_contents($url); which is a standard PHP function as is being
used in Kronolith 2.0.  This also did not give any output (echo $data).

But, If I write a small PHP script on the same server for getting the output of
file_get_contents, it works fine and also, a sample code provided with
HTTP_Request PEAR module, also works fine when run independently.

So, I can definitely say, problem is not with PHP version.  If I try to get the
value in kronolith/lib/Kronlith.php, I have this problem.

May be this is a unique problem to my setup.  I have installed RHEL 4 Update2 on
an AMD 64 system.

Please give me some clues for solving this problem.  I am stuck with this
problem and hence not able to release the new version of the software.

Please help me.

Regards,
Anant.