[kronolith] new fuatures!!!

dim corso dimcorso at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 10:34:42 PST 2006

I'm so sorry!!!
  I was trying to keep a track of our conversation but considering the lengh of the message if decided to do it that way.

  we were talking about the new features I commented with U. So I'm giving you more details of these attending to your request.

  Groups Calendar (implemented)

  to do this we have made some changes on the system classes (some methods have been added or changed) some templates files have been added too. This consists on:
  -From Kronolith select a horde group from the tree defined in horde administration.
  -assign a chief.
  -assign other users that have privileges on that group and are available to add events on the calendar of the group. (Something like directives).
  * the difference between them is that a chief of a group have access to the calendar of all the sub-tree that have this group as root, while the directives has only access to this group calendar.
  Finally a calendar is automatically assigned to the group. We have implemented another way to give access for the group’s members to this calendar. We’re not using permission system.
  So, that is to have a calendar in which the chiefs of a group can put events and these event can be accessed by the members of the group.

  Global categories (progress)

   the implementation we have allow defining preferences for all the kronolith users (global preferences). So using this feature we decided to store global categories by this way.
  The administrators can define a set of categories on the prefs system and these are loaded once a user logons to horde as user’s preferences.
  But we found this implementation is not enough, because a category subsystem most allow:
  ---To define global categories (categories that will be available to all the calendars).
  ---To define user categories (categories that will be available in user’s calendars only).
  ---Groups categories (categories that will be available in group’s calendars).
  To do it in horde framework will be better because these categories are available to all the horde apps. Your idea of use the tree id great we’re agree but think on this topics.

  dates (progress)
  we have been talking with many peoples who leads an organization and we found that make the calendar public is too important. To give the possibility to a user of view the schedule of some other in the organization is so useful. Just the default calendar would be public. So, is a decision of the user which of her calendars make public. Thus if the calendars are public any user can request other for a date selecting a free time form the comparison of the requested calendar and his owns. (think that U need a date with the counselor of the university?)

  I'll be waitting the answer...