[kronolith] event acceptance

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Mon Mar 27 12:50:33 PST 2006

hi :

I have a setup with the stable version of Horde, for use with the stable
version of Kolab.

I have a problem with someone accepting an event invitation.  We have a sales
person who set an address of an attendee to an event.  The notification email
was sent fine.  It included this information :

<snip>
"If your email client doesn't support iTip requests you can use one of the
following links to accept or decline the event."
</snip>

Followed by the links to click on.  When those links are clicked on, you
receive an error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
in /var/www/horde-stable/lib/Horde/Kolab.php on line 562

It fails on this line :

return $this->_xml->document_element();

The cause is because $this->_xml is null.

It fails in the lib/Horde/Kolab.php, on the loadObject function.

        if (empty($this->_imap)) {
            return false;
        }

There is no IMAP instance.  There are no credentials to login in with, and
grab the calendar events.  I hacked around a little bit, and forced a
creation of the _imap object, but then the shares can't synchronize (we don't
know who's shares to sync).

I'm just starting to learn the source for all of the framework and modules, so
please forgive any incorrectness here.  Does the event sender's credentials
somehow need to be passed along with those links for use with Kolab as
opposed to an SQL driver?  How can someone accept your invitation, if the
attend.php can't get access to the event, and find out who it was from?

Does someone have a recommendation on what to do about this?  Is this function
just not available at this time?

thanks,

Andy