[kronolith] Sunbird/iCal

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Apr 4 09:49:51 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 08:39 -0800, dewi wrote:
> Sunbird can access Horde in read only mode in the current stable release.
> I am currently using Sunbird/mozilla calendar plugin to access Kronolith
> directly in read/write mode using patches created by
> Dirkjan Bussink. The inital patches where againt a HEAD CVS release from
> last year, but he has recreated
> the patches for the current Stable horde 3.1 and Kronolith.
>
> In order to use the features, you setup a new calendar in sunbird and
> use the "remote URL" field to subscribe to Horde.
> The URL needs to look something like this:-
>
> http://your.server.address/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/yourcalendarusername.ics
>
> for example:-
>
> http://my.server.net/horde/rpc.php/kronolith/dewi@my.server.net.ics
>
> The BIG gottcha here is that you currently must use your full horde
> account username to authenticate to the calendar,
> in this example dewi at my.server.net
>
> I have Horde setup to use imp as the authentication, but for access to
> horde, the users only have to type in the name part of the full
> username. This really messed me up for a while as I was using dewi to
> authenticate to the calendar in sunbird and of course I was not seeing
> my calendar. As soon as I use the dewi at my.server.net .... bingo full access.

I applied the patches, but this doesn't seem to work. At least not well.
I'm likely experiencing the full horde account username problem you told
me about. I use imp for login authentication as well. The horde
installation services multiple domains via one virtual host, which is
set depending on how one reaches the site. For example for mine, I go to
webmail.gnat.ca and others would use webmail.greatexcursions.com. Doing
so sets the domain to either gnat.ca or greatexcursions.com in reply
emails and such. The question I have is what is the full account
username in that case? It usually says welcome to nathanael at gnat.ca when
I login, so I've used that, but something isn't quite right. Because I
could set it up and add events to it, but it wouldn't show up in the
calendar. I saw in the DB that *some* of the events I added with Sunbird
were there, however the events I added with kronolith weren't. Very
frustrating. Ideas?