[kronolith] Attendees response Not updating

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 14 11:11:34 PDT 2006

Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> I would... but I read that imp 4.1 does not like imap-uw

It likes a correctly configured imap-uw just fine.

> which I use.

So do I, with IMP 4.x

> I don't really
> want to dismantle my server to upgrade to Imp 4.1.

I just used the /etc/c-client.cf method to fix the mail prefix issue.
That was all that was needed.

>  Imap-uw is the only
> imap daemon I
> have experience with...

And it works fine, even though the performance isn't great.

> http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces
>
> I'm not comfortable patching the source code for two reasons,
>  1)I'm not a C coder, and I honestly don't know how.  That was not
> included in the wiki.

Use the other work-around then, unless you simply can't use an "unsupported"
method for some reason.

> Then I'd have to work that into ports...
>  2) I want to stay within the OpenBSD packages for security reasons.

Shouldn't be a problem to use the /etc/c-client.cf with the ports,
I wouldn't think...

> It sounds like switching to another Imap daemon all together might be
> simpler...

No.  It might provide lots of other benefits, but probably isn't simpler
or needed.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics