[kronolith] CSV import and Outlook 2003

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 9 06:05:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have problems importing a calendar exported from Outlook 2003. The
issue here is that Outlook exports an empty description field as a
single newline in quotes, which kronolith does not like.

When I remove the newline manually or there is some text in the
description field, everything works fine. But this is hard to tell
normal users. Can anyone confirm this issue with a german version of
Outlook 2003?

Mapping of the fields is still required in a german version (didn't
try it with an english one). Wouldn't it be a more user-friendly way
to provide special Outlook importers, maybe language specific? What do
you think?

Gruss,
     Oliver.