[kronolith] Importing calendar doesn't work ... sometimes

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Mon Jul 31 14:32:46 PDT 2006

I've got a vCalendar-formatted calendar that I'm trying to import into
Kronolith.  About 90% of the events in it import fine, but a few
don't.  There are no errors in the logs or anywhere else.  If I take
these events and import them individually, they work fine; it's only
in the context of the larger calendar that they don't work.  Here's
one such event:

BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:42769abc0000048a0000207f00001178
RECURRENCE-ID:20060802T140000Z
DTSTAMP:20060727T201537Z
SUMMARY:All Staff Mtg
DTSTART:20060802T140000Z
DTEND:20060802T150000Z
CREATED:20050502T212516Z
LAST-MODIFIED:20051219T152244Z
PRIORITY:0
SEQUENCE:1
CLASS:PUBLIC
LOCATION:Callen
ORGANIZER;CN="John Q. Public"
 ;SENT-BY="jpublic at NebrWesleyan.edu"
 ;X-NSCP-ORGANIZER-UID=jpublic
 ;X-NSCP-ORGANIZER-SENT-BY-UID=jpublic
 ;X-S1CS-EMAIL=jpublic at NebrWesleyan.edu
 :jpublic
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL
 ;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN="John Q. Public"
 ;RSVP=TRUE
 ;X-NSCP-ATTENDEE-GSE-STATUS=2
 ;X-S1CS-EMAIL=jpublic
 :jpublic
X-NSCP-ORIGINAL-DTSTART:20060802T140000Z
X-NSCP-LANGUAGE:en
X-NSCP-DTSTART-TZID:America/Chicago
X-NSCP-TOMBSTONE:0
X-NSCP-ONGOING:0
X-NSCP-ORGANIZER-EMAIL:jpublic at NebrWesleyan.edu
X-NSCP-GSE-COMPONENT-STATE;X-NSCP-GSE-COMMENT="REQUEST-COMPLETED":131074
END:VEVENT

The calendar is exported from Sun Calendar Express, which, as you can
see, adds a bunch of semi-proprietary cruft to it.  Kronolith is
remarkably adept at ignoring it, though.

What really confuses me is that this event, wrapped in BEGIN:VCALENDAR
and END:VCALENDAR, imports without a problem.  Any ideas what could be
causing it to fail as part of a larger calendar?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
402.465.7549