[kronolith] upgrading mysql db form old horde version

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Tue Sep 12 07:44:07 PDT 2006

Hi list!

We are using a quite old version of Horde/Imp/Ingo/Kronolith/Turba from cvs
summer 2003! It actually works very well still but now (at last!) we want to
update to a current version (please don't ask why we waited that long!)

The configuration was straight forward and all things work like expected, but i
realized that some parts of the (mysql) database has changed! Porting the old
mysql database simply to the new Horde-Installation shows no problems with the
mail filters (ingo), the adressbook (turba) and the preferences (horde). the
upgrade scripts also helped

But the events are obviously stored differently with kronolith now. I solved one
problem by putting the same value in kronolith_events.calendar_id and
kronolith_events.event_creator_id so the events appear again, but the defined
categories are "lost" (they are in horde_prefs.pref_name="event_categories" i
think?) and put "a:0:{}" in every "kronotlith.event_attendees" and set
"kronolith.event_status" to "2" or should i put there something else or better
not touch them at all??

Can someone tell me which fields in the old sql-db i have to map / transfer to
which in the current version? Is there another change in the sql-db-structure
which is important to upgrade that i did not yet mention in
horde/kronolith/turba?

Thanks very much for any hints!

Regards
   markus

Markus Krause                                   email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS
by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99                         Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

     This message was sent using https://webmail.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de