[kronolith] separate reminder address

Mark mark at mitsein.net
Thu Oct 5 16:23:00 PDT 2006

This seems to be an underestimated feature.  No one has a single point
of contact anymore.  I've got a work email, a home email (several
actually), mobile email, etc.  I looked at WebCalendar and it has the
same problem (easier to hack it in, though).  This is also a big
failure of Outlook/Exchange IMHO, too.  What good does a popup
appointment reminder do me?  0.  Partly because I am on the move a
lot, partly because I don't use windows :).

At any rate, for a reminder to be worthwhile, it has to be at the
closest contact point possible, whether that be an SMS/email to your
mobile, tap on the shoulder, or poke in the face.

On 10/4/06, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von Mark <mark at mitsein.net>:
>
> > It would be extremely useful to have a setting for an email address
> > different from your normal horde user email address for sending
> > kronolith reminders to.  In other words, I want to get reminders on my
> > mobile device, but I don't want all horde messages to go there.
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=1886
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will
always be happy."