[kronolith] Shared calendar creation enabled only for admins

eugenio vota eugenio.vota at arpnet.it
Wed Jan 31 09:46:24 PST 2007

Hi all,

recently I needed to limit the possibility of create a new shared calendar only to the administrator users.
I think this could be useful when the end users aren't too much smart in the calendars name selection and access
permission granting, so they can ask for this jobs to the "power" users enabled.

So I googled for a solution but I didn't found anything of useful.

Then I tried to patch the code (Kronolith 2.1.4) in a simple way by myself :

replacing  the row 109 of kronolith/templates/calendars/calendars.inc

	<?php if (!$prefs->isLocked('default_share')): ?>

with this new:

	<?php if (!$prefs->isLocked('default_share') || Auth::isAdmin() ): ?>

It seems to me working fine, so the question is: this can be useful for anyone else?

If yes, we can add this behavior as a new preference statement?

Thanks.