[kronolith] Error retrieving free/busy information

L.W. van Braam van Vloten lucas2 at dds.nl
Mon Feb 19 07:27:09 PST 2007

I have installed Horde Groupware 1.0 and I am trying  to get the
free/busy functionality in Kronolith to work.

I realize this question has been discussed before in this list, but so
far I could not find an answer to my question. So I will try again :)

Horde is installed in a secure apache server. The PHP openssl
extension is installed and working.
I have created a shared address book that is to be used by kronolith
to retrieve the free/busy url's.
Authenticated users have all rights to this address book.
The free/busy url's all look like: https://<web IP
address>/horde/kronolith/fb.php?u=<username>. When I use this url
directly in my browser the free/busy information is provided as
expected. The <web IP address> is the external IP address of my ADSL
modem; all https traffic is NATted to the actual server which has a
different IP address.

Yet every time I try to schedule an appointment, I  get the following
error for all attendees:

Error retrieving free/busy information for <e-mail address of user>:
No free/busy information found at the free/busy url of <e-mail address
of user>

So I am wondering:
 From which location (client or server) is this url actually used?
Address 'localhost' also doesn't work. I figured the problem might be
that I use HTTP Basic Authentication for all addresses under the
secure server. If the application uses the URL locally, is there a way
to provide the authentication information automatically? (I already
tried the https://user:password@<IP address>/... which didn't work)

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Lucas