[kronolith] Sync or publish with Apple iCal

Rich Hutchinson rich at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 16:06:17 UTC 2007

Been testing all the features of Kronolith (using the latest stable
release) recently, and have been successful everything including the
following:

Synchronizing with Outlook (using the free Funambol connector).
Synchronizing with Thunderbird using the Lightning extension on Windows
(again using the Funambol extension/plugin)

Both of the above use the rpc.php script - and work beautifully.

However, we have a few Mac users, and would REALLY like to be able to
simply publish Apple iCal calendar events to Horde - synchronization
isn't as much as an issue - since their master calendar sits on the
Macbooks and they can simply subscribe to the remote URL and download
changes (which currently works fine as read-only), and then publish
anything from their local iCals up to Horde.

However, I can't get the publishing on the Macs to work the same way as
with those Funambol connectors.

I'm using the following setup in iCal - "Calendar - Publish...":

"Publish calendar as:" userid
"Publish on:" a Private Server
"Base URL:" http://pathtomyhordeinstall/rpc.php
"Login:" userid "Password:" user_password

The publish succeeds according to iCal (message reads: Your calendar
"..." has been published and can be subscribed at URL:
webcal://pathtomyhordeinstall/rpc.php/userid.ics) , but nothing appears
in Kronolith, and nothing is even logged in the debug log of Horde
either...when using the Funambol connector - LOADS of logging takes
place - and the sync occurs correctly.

I've tried changing the "Publish calendar as" setting to "calendar"
(like you have to name the remote db when using the Funambol SyncML
connectors), but still nothing.

I'm clearly not doing it correctly, or iCal isn't at least - anyone have
any tips on getting this working? This is the last milestone to reach -
getting Mac's iCals to integrate properly with Horde, then we'll be able
to deploy it...

Thanks in advance...

Rich