[kronolith] remote subscription and import issues

Bill Shupp hostmaster at shupp.org
Wed May 23 16:43:41 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
>> 1) Authenticated remote subscription works only if I allow guest read
>> access.  Owner/All Authenticated/Group with show/read/edit privileges
>> do not seem to work from iCal and Sunbird.  The Apache access log
>> shows a 401 error.  What's curious is that if I put the URL in a
>> browser, I can authenticate just fine and download the .ics calendar
>> file.  So I suspect iCal and Sunbird are doing something different for
>> authentication.
>>

> I've seen that too, but didn't have time to investigate it. No idea
> what's going on there.

This is the case for me with 2 separate Horde installs.  One on Debian
Etch with php 4, and one on Debian Sarge with php 5.
>> 2).  Importing of an iCal .ics calendar brings up a blank page in the
>> right frame (when selecting icalendar/vcalendar option).
>>

> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin#toc2

I set error_reporting to E_ALL in the horde config, turned
display_startup_errors and display_errors to On, and set horde logging
to debug.  No errors were logged in the apache log, or to the browser.
I put the log debug output here:

http://shupp.org/debug-kronolith.txt

But I don't recognize anything helpful in it.  Perhaps someone else will.

Regards,

Bill Shupp