[kronolith] Kronolith Accepting invites with SMTP auth uses blank user name

Faraz Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Thu Sep 27 13:26:34 UTC 2007

I have Horde SMTP Auth enabled in 'Mailer'. IMP/DIMP work perfectly.
Kronolith works fine when CREATING events and sending invites.

However, when i reply to these invites in dimp it causes an
authentication failure (when it tries to send the accept email to the
original party). Postfix logs say:

warning: SASL authentication failure: All-whitespace username.
Sep 27 18:21:36 samwise postfix/smtpd[32064]: warning:
aragorn.emergen.biz[192.168.0.112]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed:
generic failure

obviously for some reason kronolith did not substitute my
username/password. I am using IMP for auth.

the smtp_user and smtp_pass fields in Horde Mailer config are blank.

I was unable to find anybody else with this problem- I wonder if
something is wrong with my setup. I am running CVS HEAD, updated some
2-3 weeks ago.

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect