[kronolith] about horde performance

Martin Waschbuesch martin at waschbuesch.de
Sun Oct 28 10:52:30 UTC 2007

Zitat von dim corso <dimcorso at yahoo.com>:

> I need to know how many concurrent conections can handle horde
> without  colapse a server. I've installed a horde in a powerfull
> server but is  possible that it can receive around 10000 concurrent
> conection at once.
>
>   Can you tell me something about this please?

I guess that depends on many factors, like the backend you use, which
database, which imap server, which webserver, which version of php,
with what modules...

Also, do you have everything running on one server or does e.g. the
database or mail server run on a different system? If so, how good a
link do you have to these systems?

And what sort of connections do you talk about? Concurrent requests
made to 'just' the horde frontend or concurrent requests that will
cause lots of work on the backend (like sorting, searching or
filtering a very large mailbox).

Btw, this being the kronolith mailing list, is your question specific
to kronolith or about horde in general?

Perhaps it'd be best if you described your system and the usage
scenario you have in mind in a little more detail.

Martin