[kronolith] reminders and STMP/AUTH

Martin Waschbüsch martin at waschbuesch.de
Sun Feb 24 18:48:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I host several domains and corresponding mail services and in order
for mail headers to work properly (needed especially for domainkeys),
I require everyone to use the same username/password for SMTP as they
use for IMAP/login. That is true even when sending from localhost
(mailserver and horde run on the same box).

Now, I would like to enable reminders, while using SMTP/AUTH but it
seems I cannot get that to work unless I specify horde to use the same
username / password for all users, which the rest of my setup prevents
me from doing as explained above.
Also I found a 'not-a-bug' ticket on horde.org, that I wrote a comment
to. But, this being marked as not a bug, I wanted to ask whether
anyone on the list has the same problem and has come up with a
solution? Or is this being changed in a future release perhaps?

Currently, I run horde groupware webmail edition 1.05.

Thanks for any help & advice!

Martin W.

--
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
results."

Winston Churchill