[kronolith] 2.2-RC-2: reminders not sent until calendar is refreshed

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 12 17:29:26 UTC 2008

> Zitat von Stefan Stolz <s.newslists at googlemail.com>:
>
>>> How else should this work but through a request or cron job (which is
>>> actually request too, but from the command line)?
>>
>> Is it possible to call reminders.php from a cronjob on an other
>> server? Because i have
>
> No. And reminders.php is deprecated anyway, use alarms.php. But the
> same restriction applies here.

Couldn't you run it on another machine, as long as the other machine had
all the Horde/kronolith code installed and was configured to use the same
shared backend (e.g., sql, ldap, etc)?

Yes, it is a lot of overhead to install all the horde code on the second
machine just to run one cron job, but it would seem to me that it should
work...  Then again, I've never tried it, or looked at the code for reasons
it wouldn't work...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics