[kronolith] Prob. Solved: Bus Error

Werner Van Belle werner at yellowcouch.org
Sat Mar 22 06:50:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I mailed regarding a bus error at our server when
the kronolith reminder script ran. This only happened sporadically and
at night, which was strange since we have a cronjob checking every 5
minutes.

After some digging around we figured out that on a debian installation
there is an /etc/cron.d/kronolith script installed which only runs once
at night. It cannot run concurrently with the 5 minute reminders script
itself. Bottomline: don't run php concurrently to send out the reminders.

> /bin/sh: line 1: 5870 Bus error /usr/bin/php -q
> /usr/share/horde3/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> Have other people seen a similar problem or should I start thinking
> about hardware failures ?

Wkr,

Werner,-

--