[kronolith] Some issues with attendees and Lightning

Alfonso Marí­n Marí­n almarin at um.es
Fri May 2 12:49:46 UTC 2008

Hi list:

We have some users using Sunbird/Lightning publishing throw WebDAV their
calendars in Kronolith, and they have a problem with events with attendees.

When an user creates a new event with attendees (it doesn't matter if it
is created in kronolith or Lightning), every time they publish the
calendar, all attendees are stripped out in every event.

Checking the code i found this comment in Driver.php:line 907

        // Attendance.
        // Importing attendance may result in confusion: editing an imported
        // copy of an event can cause invitation updates to be sent from
        // people other than the original organizer. So we don't import by
        // default. However to allow updates by SyncML replication, the
custom
        // X-ATTENDEE attribute is used which has the same syntax as
        // ATTENDEE.

I agree with that comment, but some users ask me about the possibility
to keep the attendees at least in the original event, I mean, at least
the creator should be able to check attendees status, for instance.

I think the solution would be checking if creator_id match with the
owner of the calendar that is being published, and only for that event
respect the attendance. I think that solution would be consistent with
the comment shown above.

¿What do you think?

Kind Regards.
Alfonso.