[kronolith] Daily Agenda Emails

Elliot Anders elliot at marlboro.edu
Fri Jul 25 20:38:39 UTC 2008

Interesting, so I had tried to look through the log before, but found
nothing of note.  DEBUG turned on, I see a bunch of these:
Jul 25 20:30:27 HORDE [debug] [kronolith] SQL Query by
Prefs_sql::retrieve(): SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM
horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = ? AND pref_scope = ?, values: cabr,
kronolith [pid 1861 on line 148 of "/var/www/webmail/horde-
webmail-1.1.1/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]

Followed by a bunch more of these:

Jul 25 20:30:27 HORDE [error] [kronolith] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Too many connections] ** mysqli(mysqli)://
root:PASSWORD at unix/horde?
charset
=iso-8859-1&splitread=&driverconfig=horde&umask=63&table=horde_prefs
[pid 1861 on line 138 of "/var/www/webmail/horde-webmail-1.1.1/lib/
Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]

It never gets to my username as it fails before reaching the e's
This would point to the obvious situation where there are too many
open connections.  We have something like 3000 users in the database,
is there some way to have it close connections before opening the next
or to specify max active connections?

Thanks for the clue.
-Elliot