[kronolith] Webmail Shared Calendars (fwd)

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Jul 30 16:47:19 UTC 2008

One of the departments that uses my Horde installation wrote me with the
following question:

We are looking at various options for providing a small number of shared
calendars (to manage room and equipment use) and we were looking at the shared
calendar option in webmail/horde.  I know that users can create calendars and
share them, but my concern is when a staff member leaves the department or
university, and the calendars leave with them.

We were wondering if shared calendar resources could be created at your end
that we could then manage with our accounts.  Is this something you can do?  Is
there a policy against this practice (most likely due to the potential number
of requests)?

Anyway, any information and thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.

Does anyone have recommendations for this problem?  I don't see any
obvious way to create a calendar without an owner, but maybe you guys have
run into this issue before.

Thanks,
 	Andy