[kronolith] Uncovered scenario "room time schedule" by Horde?

Moukharski Anton moukhara at esiee.fr
Sun Dec 14 23:01:12 UTC 2008

Hello,
I was looking for a calendar to use for the time schedule of a room in
my school, and a friend advised to use horde, already installed in my
organisation's server (http://bde-esiee.esiee.fr/horde/).
However, after trying out different combinations and looking around in
the wiki and a bit on google, I couldn't quite get Kronolith to run the
way I would like it to.

Do you have any suggestions on the implementation of the following scenario?

    *  I create a calendar representing the time schedule of a room. I
      have full powers over the calendar.
    * Anyone can see the full contents of the calendar, simply by
      visiting an easy to memorize URL (or I'll make a redirection).
    * Authenticated users of one group can change and delete events in
      the calendar, but only their own. I should be the only one able to
      edit/delete other's events. Eventually, events cannot criss-cross.

Problems encountered :

    * I can't seem to distinguish event property in terms of
      edit/deletion. That is, either everyone can edit/delete everyone's
      events, either no one can. Plus, groups cannot be seen in the
      group list of a calendar's permissions.
    * I can't choose a calendar's URL.

It seems to be the same problem in Google Agenda...

Thanks!