[kronolith] Uncovered scenario "room time schedule" by Horde?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Dec 15 12:34:59 UTC 2008

Please keep discussions on the list.

Zitat von Moukharski Anton <moukhara at esiee.fr>:

> Jan Schneider a écrit :
>> Zitat von Moukharski Anton <moukhara at esiee.fr>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I was looking for a calendar to use for the time schedule of a
>>> room in my school, and a friend advised to use horde, already
>>> installed in my organisation's server
>>> (http://bde-esiee.esiee.fr/horde/).
>>> However, after trying out different combinations and looking
>>> around in the wiki and a bit on google, I couldn't quite get
>>> Kronolith to run the way I would like it to.
>>>
>>> Do you have any suggestions on the implementation of the following
>>> scenario?
>>>
>>>   *  I create a calendar representing the time schedule of a room. I
>>>     have full powers over the calendar.
>>>   * Anyone can see the full contents of the calendar, simply by
>>>     visiting an easy to memorize URL (or I'll make a redirection).
>>>   * Authenticated users of one group can change and delete events in
>>>     the calendar, but only their own. I should be the only one able to
>>>     edit/delete other's events. Eventually, events cannot criss-cross.
>>>
>>> Problems encountered :
>>>
>>>   * I can't seem to distinguish event property in terms of
>>>     edit/deletion. That is, either everyone can edit/delete everyone's
>>>     events, either no one can. Plus, groups cannot be seen in the
>>>     group list of a calendar's permissions.
>>
>> You want to use the "creator" permissions.
>
> I've tried that already, but now having retried it understood that
> global kronolith permissions are maximum permissions for calendars,
> not actual ones (I had authorized every operation for creators but
> under global permissions only). So that's ok.
> Now the problem is for the other room I wish to administrate : here
> not all of the horde users should be able to edit it, but only some.
> The problem is that if I add individual users (I can't add
> groups...), they will have full rights over all the events, and if I
> authorize individual user only show/read rights, and edit/delete to
> object creators, horde users who are not supposed to be able to
> modify this new calendar still can.

Yes, there is no combination of creator/user permission. If I
understand you correctly, you want to give general access to a few
users only, but even then only allow them to edit their own events.
That's not possible, unless by obscurity, i.e. you can simply hide the
calendar to everyone but these users. Other users could still use them
if they know the calendar ids.

>>>   * I can't choose a calendar's URL.
>>
>> Why not? What do you mean?
>
> The calendar's "display URL" cannot be customized.

Correct. How should that work anyway? The URL has to point to a valid
and working script.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/