[kronolith] Selected calendars cached when changing month/week/etc.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 21 21:02:41 UTC 2009

Quoting "Chris St. Pierre" <stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu>:

> My users have encountered a problem I'm surprised to find nothing on
> when searching the archives.  (I may be using the wrong keywords.)
>
> Let's say a user has two calendars, "Calendar One" and "Calendar Two."
> They view the current month, January, in Calendar One, and then change
> to February.  Then they deselect Calendar One and select Calendar Two,
> but, upon changing back to January, Calendar One is shown but Calendar
> Two is still selected in the "Calendars" pane.
>
> It's almost as if the views are being cached, but clearing the browser
> cache does not change the behavior.  I've replicated this on a number
> of browsers, including Firefox on the Mac and on Linux.  It appears to
> happen with all of the views, Day through Year, not just Month.

If you look at kronolith/js/src/views.js, you'll see that there is a
cache in the ShowView function. We need to invalidate it when the
selected calendars change. Can you please create a ticket on
bugs.horde.org to track this? If that's a good enough explanation for
you to dig into it, a patch would be even better.