[kronolith] Kronolith as CalDAV Client - r/w access?

Elliot Anders elliot at marlboro.edu
Mon Mar 30 12:44:51 UTC 2009

On Mar 30, 2009, at 2:21 AM  Mar 30, 09, Marcus Frischherz wrote:

> well, I can only quote my mail to this list from february.
> Basically, I get 403 errors in the Apache log, and the clients just
> say, that changing the event did not work. I don't understand why I
> get 403 errors and not 401. The PROPFIND gets a 207 response.
>
> I have not yet imported the local CA, I am still struggling with
> certificates, although I have already baught (and read) a full book
> on that subject. I would like to point out, that read access with
> Sunbird or Thunderbird Lightning is no problem (with iCal not even
> that works, but the very obscure error message seems to be related
> with the certificate). With Sunbird and lightning the problem is
> writing. Hence, I don't think that the CA is an issue there.
>
> regards,
> Marcus

Just so we're all on the same page:
	You're running the most recent stable version of horde (3.3) and
kronolith (2.3).
	You have Sunbird or Lightning 0.9 or later.
	If you run "pear install HTTP_WebDAV_Server-beta" on a command line
on the server it tells you you already have the package installed.
	You can login to horde and kronolith via the web interface and see
the calendar and create/delete events.

Once you are at this point I've found it easiest to expand the
calendar panel (on the right-hand side of the page) and click the
lightbulb next to the calendar you'd like to connect to in Sunbird.
Copy the first of the two addresses that show up in the modal box.
This should be something like https://webmail.domain.com/rpc.php/kronolith/username/username.ics
  or maybe https://webmail.domain.com/rpc.php/kronolith/username@domain.com/username.ics
  depending on your setup.
It might also be more like:
https://webmail.domain.com/rpc.php/kronolith/username/0096f42fd10c9c0941ccc0914b3d0548.ics
if you aren't using your default calendar.

At this point you'll be moving to Sunbird.
	Open Sunbird.
	Choose New Calendar . . . from the File menu.
	Choose to create your calendar On the Network
	You are creating an iCalendar (ICS) calendar. Paste the address you
copied earlier into the Location field here.
	Choose a name for your calendar. (This should be pre-populated based
on the url, if not, something isn't working)
	Click Done.