[kronolith] kronolith problem (after changing current time zone)

gonzalez at rz.uni-leipzig.de gonzalez at rz.uni-leipzig.de
Wed May 13 06:46:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

i have a little problem with kronolith.

(My english is not the best, so i`ll try to describe the issue with a
example...)

1) i`ve created a new event with MS-Outlook 15:00 - 15:30 CEST

METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090512T130000Z
DTEND:20090512T133000Z
DTSTAMP:20090512T133620Z

2) i synchronize my Outlook calendar to kronolith
    (with Funambol V 7.2.1; sync direction: Outlook -> Server)

3) When the current time zone in kronolith is set to (in this case)
America/New York (EDT) kronolith gets the event correctly at 9:00 - 9:30 EDT

METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090512T130000Z
DTEND:20090512T133000Z
DTSTAMP:20090512T133840Z

until here it is ok.

When i now change the current time zone back to Europe/Berlin,
the event keeps at 9:00 - 9:30 and the data in the export file
(export format: iCalnedar) changes too

METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090512T070000Z
DTEND:20090512T073000Z
DTSTAMP:20090512T135750Z

The result is that this event wont be shown at the original planed
time when i sync kronolith with a other pc (MS- Oultook) here in
germany.

My question is now: Is this a BUG or not.

Greedings
Enrico Gonzalez