[kronolith] Problem with charset using iCalendar

Michael Anders development at visart.de
Fri Jun 5 08:31:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I did some testing, looking at the generated .ics etc.
Using charset utf-8 within horde does not code any umlaut and prints them as
ä, ü, ö etc.
This works fine with Sunbird (in both ways), while creating the error
(below) in Thunderbird with Lightning.
Changing the horde charset ($conf[sql][database] ) to iso-8859-1 makes the
umlauts in the ics-file look like ä (changing/creating new with umlauts
doesn’t work, because the tables/attributes are still 'utf8_general_ci').
Point is, its now displayed correctly without any error as an correct umlaut
in Thunderbird, while Sunbird itself as well as horde is displaying it now
wrong as ä.
This is a Thunderbird/Lightning bug isn’t it? I cant really find a solution,
kinda su**s.

Thanks
Michael