[kronolith] now: UTF-8 (i.e. german 'umlauts')

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Nov 3 17:01:19 UTC 2009

Thanks,

i solved it by writing my own PHP wrapper whichs sends me JSON to my python
script.

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 09:44:22 you wrote:
> keep an eye on the charset. I am struggling with  utf8, umlaute and
> json. Still looking for a solution!
> Strings get cut off...  :-(

I've found here that
$events = Horde_RPC::request(
         'jsonrpc',
        );
is producing incorrect UTF-8 data - most fields which are using non ASCII
chars (i.e. german 'umlauts") are completely empty.

The RPCXML interface seems not to have that problems (but i have others with
it - i.e. recurring events).

The umlauts are still there and the data fields intact.

see here for examples:
(with working umlaut in title)
http://radio.syndicat.com:8888/horde/rpc_programmplan2.php

(empty description fields on records with non ASCII-chars in description)
http://radio.syndicat.com:8888/horde/rpc_programmplan.php

The interesting thing is that it works for some string with 'umlauts' - but
just a very few and then in the title field only.

Is there any way to solve that or go around here? I've heard about that
problem several times but no solution here...

many thanks and
cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---